Blue & Black Trifold Card in Airplane and Hearts Theme


I made the airplane 3D looking by sticking it on a black paper, cut the outline and use foam stickers for dimension

Earlier on, I spent quite some time clearing photos from my Facebook page to store my favourites and recent works. I used to be a little over the top using different types of materials. I don't think it is wrong to use them together, just like how I used wooden embellishments and chipboard frame like the card above. I tend to use frames nowadays because they not only add dimension but also helps to highlight the focal point such as the airplane on this card. I actually stopped buying chipboards for awhile because of the higher price point and how I don't like most of the designs. Usually they come in one big piece in small pieces that you can use separately. It goes by theme but also recurring favourites of the designers. So you can have a travel theme and then a pineapple or flamingo chipboard because it's their favourites.

If you don't mind using them together, it can actually create quite a unique looking layout. I personally don't mind using them together too if it's not myself but since I make mostly for people, I have to stick to mostly the theme. Occasionally, I can get them at a reasonable price like I got this set of chipboard sticker pack from Prima Marketing and to me it's functional because I can use it across different themes. So if you're a crafter on a budget like me or simply want to save some moolah for other craft things, make sure the sticker sheet or chipboard sticker set come in various designs that you can use on multiple projects.


Airplane is the main theme and I cut this rows of airplane design on a patterned paper from Echo Park

A trick that I found that help a trifold card to stand up like the above is to use a heavier embellishment for the bottom part as a weight. For example, the 'always be happy' that you see at the bottom panel is a chipboard that help to balance the card.

The colour scheme of mostly black and blue bring out the red coloured airplane
I hope you like this card I have made. For custom orders, please feel free to send me your order queries from the link above or from the side bar.

Thanks for dropping by!

Comments