Birthday Box Card in Blue & Black Theme


At times, I don't get any choice of colours from my customers but generally, they will tell me that they would like to give the card to a guy. So in other words, no pink or any other girly colours, haha. So I like to use a combination of blue and black like this card.



If there are no pictures involved, I would have to think a little harder on how to decorate the boxes. Looking at other people's works in making these explosion boxes, they are more into the technical aspects such as making numerous layers that lined up like hexagon boxes instead of the regular box shape. I like to decorate so I looked at mostly scrapbook layouts for inspiration.

I still keep to the overall theme such as for birthday, I like to hand cut balloons and then cut out various sizes of presents from a single patterned paper from Echo Park. The rest are mostly stickers and stamped pieces.


For the bottom layer, I layered the stickers and added gold die cut stars for interest.


Little phrases such as 'Enjoy the Ride' makes the montage of selected pieces a little more personalised.

I hope you like this box card I have made and thanks for dropping by!

Comments