Mother's Day Mini Album


This is one of the prettiest mini album that I have designed and I'm mostly using the stickers and other decorations in my stash. But since it's Mothers' Day related as well, I also tried to get a sticker sheet with that celebration in mind and thankfully, Simple Stories has it.

I used their collections so frequently I think I should be in their design team, lol.

Anyway, sometimes I find ideas in store samples and though photography is not allowed (though I admittedly take pics of the window displays..hehe) out of respect of the creatives behind them, I tried to remember. But even then, my memory isn't fantastic because there is like 101 things on my mind. So I tried to remember key points like how they do the layouts and mix in different types of materials together.

It is also good to step out of your comfort zone because it allows you to expand on your existing ideas and generate new ideas as well. Of course, if you have been doing it for quite a long while, you won't lose your personal touch so easily.

For instance, I like to keep the colours and decorations in the opposite pages in the same colour or design scheme. I also like to fill up the white space with smaller deco like small hearts, enamel dots or punched out butterflies if I feel that the page is missing something.



Another favourite of mine is 'chopping' a long edge sticker into smaller parts and use them on opposite pages like the one below.


Another way that I like to decorate is by cutting a piece of doily into two and use it as a layering base.  Sometimes I punched out a decorative border so it looked more interesting like so, below.







I hope you like this mini album that I have done. Thanks for dropping by!

Comments